Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tres Cosmopolitan

I've long been intrigued by the idea of Moda Scrap Bags.

I'm sure you can get them here in Australia but they arent prolific, so I wandered off to eBay to have a look. Not much there and not much in online quilt stores either. And what I could find was expensive.

So I started looking online in America. Oh Happy Day! They're everywhere!

I ordered 6 of these little suckers from Hancocks of Paducah. (Even the name sounds thrilling)  That makes me very cosmopolitan because I'm ordering fabric from overseas. And even with currency conversion and postage it worked out to be really reasonable. More reasonable than buying them here -if I could find them ...I hope my sisters in America realise how wonderfully lucky they are to have access to fabrics so cheaply.

They're on back order so who knows when they'll arrive. It's like a lucky dip.  I'm so excited!

Just had to share! Off to do some quilting now.

No comments: