Saturday, March 06, 2010

Help Needed....What is this object ?

At one of the op shops I was at today , this object was hanging up at the register, with a  sign asking  "Do you know what this is?" Obviously the op shop volunteers had no idea and I said I'd pop it on the internet and see if anyone out there knew what it was.




So if you think you know what it is - or if someone you know might know what it is please let me know so the op shop ladies can sleep at night.This is driving them mad apparently.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

My husband says it's a "turnbuckle", it's for tightening a line or something like that.

AnnieO said...

I knew immediately that it was a turnbuckle, but for what application, I couldn't say! It has to be threaded through something like a post, perhaps to cover an arbor or patio.

lw said...

It's similar to the turnbuckles I use for setting the warp on my upright weaving loom. This one looks more specialized, though.

Shay said...

Thanks everyone. This one had the ladies stumped. I'll pop in next Saturday and enlighten them. I knew someone would know!