Friday, February 21, 2014

Cocktail Wednesday- Yes I know its Friday!

Yep-I’m late to my own cocktail party this week. On Wednesday night  I ended up providing support to a friend who was feeling rather ordinary and couldn’t front up to the cocktail party with me . (You know who you are – feeling unwell was your punishment for running off to Hawaii and having 9 days of fun in the sun without me, and then making me look at Waikiki beach on Facetime from your hotel window)

This week Little Miss Sunshine suggested we make Moose Milk. I was doubtful at first because where the hell was I going to find a moose to milk ? The only place I could think that might be possible was the zoo...and honestly I don't think they allow people to just front up and start playing with moose udders as part of the admission price. 

Thankfully, the need to find an actual moose was negated by finding out that the recipe for this cocktail substitutes vanilla ice cream for actual moose milk (Thank goodness, and I bet the Mooses of Australia breathed a sigh of relief too) and so the fun of choosing alcoholic accompaniments began. 

The original recipe is here  and calls for Kahlua, Rum and Irish Cream but the fun thing about this cocktail is you can substitute just about anything you like. This was my selection du jour. Kahlua, Chocolate Liqueur, and Butterscotch Schnapps. (and ice cream of course)


Do you like my shiny sink? My awesome cleaner has super sink cleaning powers and this thing blinds me every Thursday when I arrive home from work. I think she must sandblast it or something because I cant get it that shiny. Ever. 


Yet another recipe without any measurements...so I made up my own as I went along. Equal nips of each alcohol component added to a generously large spoonful or four of good quality vanilla ice cream.  I also don't own an actual blender so I improvised and used my mini whizzy choppy thing (I'm sure that's not the technical name) and it worked just fine. A blender would have been better though because I could have made a bucket load of these at once which would have been just handy dandy with me. 


Totally delicious. Mr. P elected to have one with me (probably because we were in the middle of some intense discussions  about what a Pratt he is sometimes and he wanted to get that floaty "I'm not really listening to you" feeling you get from an alcohol high)TBH at that point he was lucky I didn't add some Ratsak to his cocktail ....don't judge me - you've all been there. 

The Verdict: Freaking delicious. 5/5 from me. Little Miss Sunshine assures me she has drunk bucket loads of these in her time and I may be following suit.  



15 comments:

Kirsten's Cooking said...

Now this looks really good. Happy to hear Mr. P was a willing participant. Hope the drinks helped you figure everything out :) We had one of those nights this week, too.

Poor Marg - stinks to leave one tropical paradise to have to go to another.

Great job on this cocktail Wednesday :)

Three Birds Inspired said...

An adult milkshake - how could you go wrong?!? Hmmmm, tomorrow I am grocery shopping after work. Some vanilla ice cream may make it into my basket...

Marg said...

Thank you Kirsten and Shay for your sympathy...not!
I was introduced to these years ago and they are the bomb. I don;t have them very often as I tend to just keep going and you know how that's going to end up.
I used rum, kahlua and butterscotch schnapps in mine....to.die.for

Paulette said...

Ice cream, coffee, butterscotch and chocolate liquer all frapped together? What's not to love!

Rachaeldaisy said...

MMMmmm Mooses Milk!! So creamy and alcoholic! And looks extra fancy served up on that super shiny sink!

Sue SA said...

I wish, cocktails and a child free night are on my agenda, but unfortunately the good fairy didn't deliver.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Sounds like a good lead in to chocolate martini😊

Mistea said...

This sounds delicious.
Glad you got a cocktail in this week even if a day late.

Unknown said...

Tonight i could have joined you in drinking a bucket of your yummy cocktail. Life is not fair

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, I was so hoping this was going to be like a Mrs Beaton recipe 'first catch your moose'... ;o)

Hope you skipped the Ratsak, you know, because I'm not sure between us we have enough left in our fabric budgets to bail you out!

the running hare said...

Now that sounds like my kind of cocktail ( in it's original form as I don't do chocolate). I don't know what Ratsak is , but I have a vivid imagination and I know where you are coming from! As you say, we've all been there.

Kate said...

An alcoholic shake? Hmm, I may have to convince My Guy to try this one the next time DT is off with a friend.

Karen said...

Yum!! This looks amazingly awesome :). I should try it.

thea said...

I was even later than you with my Cocktail Wednesday report. But it was definitely a hit at my house! Great pick... on to the next week.

Elizabeth said...

I've finally found a moment to catch up on all of your shenanigans. I'm sorry for being a slack friend.

As I always used to say, "ice cream makes everything better." I hope you have things sorted with Mr. P.

xo -E